Job Title: Events and Procurement Coordinator
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Company: The Taggart Group of Companies
Location: 3187 Albion Road South, Ottawa, Ontario
Date Prepared: July 2022
Taggart Group of Companies
A family business that’s been around for more than 70 years, the Taggart Group of Companies is a full-service construction organization consisting of four major operating companies. Taggart Group delivers expert leadership in real estate development, planning, design, finance, construction, and management. We develop commercial, residential, and industrial property for our own account and for third party developers. We own, manage, and work collaboratively on commercial and residential investment properties. We enjoy a strong reputation for technical expertise, integrity, and cooperation, and offer our clients the many benefits of vertical integration.
- Planning, coordination, promotion and delivery of company events, including corporate events, training sessions, career fairs, and employee engagement events
- Works with the Human Resources department and senior management to assess event and procurement needs
- Source locations and venues for various events
- Develop and document overall plan for event
- Lead and coordinate the planning and execution of event logistics including contracts, accommodations, catering, décor, transportation, invite management, schedule, communications and marketing, set-up and tear-down of events. Works with stakeholders and vendors to ensure services are delivered
- Communicates and promotes internal events to staff and attendees, tracks and manages invitations and guest lists
- Works with vendors to manage contracts and Requests for Proposals, manages deadlines and relationships with stakeholders
- Ensure delivery of goods and materials at events, or on an ad-hoc basis as required throughout the year
- Manage booking of internal event and training space
- Procurement of various promotional items, clothing and other items as required
- Create and monitor event budget and expenses
- Determine and plan for day-of internal and external resources
- Attend site-visits as needed
- All other duties as required.
Statement of Qualifications:
- Completion of post-secondary education is required, in events or hospitality considered an asset.
- 1-2 years of event-related experience required in any industry.
- Capabilities with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Office 365).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to be a team player, open and flexible with change is required.
- Excellent customer service orientation with the ability to communicate effectively with staff and stakeholders
- Strong time management and prioritization skills are required. Ability to work under deadlines
- Able to adapt to changing needs, and ability to pivot and troubleshoot and problem solve proactively on the fly
- Personal accountability, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills are essential.
Physical/Sensory Effort/Work Environment
- Working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time at workstation.
- Overtime may be required on an as-needed basis.
All candidates are asked to apply via the following link: taggartgroup.bamboohr.com/jobs. Any questions regarding the position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Taggart Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental handicap, or financial ability.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disabilities Act, we’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation or special assistance, please send an email to email@example.com with your request. Your information will be treated as confidential.